Thursday, February 19, 2009

The tooth, the whole tooth, and nothing but the tooth

One thing that raw is supposed to benefit is dental health. Yes, you can take your dog to the vet every year or so for dental work - but that costs money, and requires anesthesia. Since I'm frugal (okay, cheap) and all surgery comes with a risk, I'd rather have Kip eat food that cleans his teeth naturally - and without resorting to those "teeth cleaning" dog treats that are so prevalent in the pet stores. I'm not too sure how those are supposed to work anyway, since any that I have bought for Kip last on average 2.845 minutes before being consumed.

Any group of raw feeders will rave on about how clean their dog's teeth are. And, I hope to join those ravers given time. But, I am aware that memory is a selective thing. So I decided to get some proof, in the form of "before" pictures. That way, I have something to actually compare to, and to either support or disprove a raw diet's effect on the Kipperdog's canines.



No comments:

Post a Comment